Why We Need Your Help
The services and programs of the Sickle Cell Association of Ontario are delivered through the efforts of a team of exceptional volunteers. Volunteering with the Sickle Cell Association of Ontario gives you a chance to contribute to the lives of people affected by Sickle Cell Disease – perhaps those close to you, in your community, or even across the province. You join a team of committed, generous people who are making a difference.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, working to match your skills, interests and availability to the right role for you.
We are grateful for the generosity of our volunteers – without their help, we could not help the Ontarians affected by Sickle Cell Disease.
Below are some benefits of Volunteering with us.
- You'll make a difference. Without your contribution, the Association would find it difficult to complete it's work
- You'll feel connected to your community
- You'll get valuable work experience
- You'll learn new skills
- You'll make a difference is someone's life
- You'll have Fun!
Who Can Apply?
Volunteer opportunites with the Sickle Cell Association of Ontario are open to all high school students and adults who reside in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and are willing to help us transform lives. Characteristics of our typical volunteers may include:
- Having available time to volunteer
- Possessing a particular skill set
- Having passion about our mission
- Having a desire to engage their community
- Having a desire to stay active after retirement
- Having a desire to build professional skills