You don’t have to go through Sickle Cell Alone
JOIN A SUPPORT GROUP, MAKE CONNECTIONS AND GET HELP
Connect with other people who are living with Sickle Cell or supporting a loved one who is living with the illness. Share experiences and get advice. It can be helpful just talking to other people who are going through the same situation.
Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
In addition to our monthly support group meetings, the members of our community can join our support group either on Facebook or WhatsApp. Click photos below to join our support groups now.